This position will lead the Company’s business development efforts in Australia, with a focus on mining industry opportunities in Western Australia and on select grid-connected opportunities in the NEM. The primary objective will be to form commercial agreements with mines, energy companies, or other entities for the purchase of electric power or solar powered electric generating equipment. Deployment of SolarReserve’s proprietary solar thermal molten salt power tower technology is preferred over other technologies, but opportunities may arise for a variety of power solutions, including solar Photovoltaic. The position will receive strong support from project development, engineering, finance, and other departments at SolarReserve, headquartered in California. The position will include the supervision of local consultants and collaboration with strategic partners, and will at times require substantial self-direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Major day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Serve as SolarReserve’s representative in Australia, communicating the value of our proprietary technology to decision-makers at prospective customer and partner entities along with pertinent government organizations.
• Execute the search, planning, and development of projects in line with corporate objectives.
• Maintain and manage relationships with potential customers and joint venture partners, Government agencies, trade organizations, local communities, and all other relevant stakeholders.
• Create presentations and memoranda, including financial analysis, for potential customers, senior management, business partners, investors, government agencies, financing sources, and others.
• Assist in preparing project proposals, policy memorandums, and competitive bid responses or other tendering-related documents, including gathering, synthesizing and verifying information from across the Company and industry.
• Creatively and proactively originate new project opportunities
• Concisely disseminate important information to Senior Management and colleagues throughout the SolarReserve organization
• Domestic and some international travel required
• Perform other duties as may be determined from time to time
• Ideal candidate has been directly involved in energy procurement decisions at mining companies, and can confidently address the unique concerns and requirements of that industry
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record from a top-tier undergraduate program, either in business, economics, or other directly applicable field; MBA or similar advanced degree preferred, but not required
• Extensive contacts within the Australian mining and energy sectors
• Five or more years of experience and outstanding performance In mining, energy, utility, power equipment/OEM and/or infrastructure background, and client-facing transactional (deal) experience strongly preferred; regulatory / policy experience is a bonus
• High level of intellectual curiosity with the ability to move projects forward in a self-directed, entrepreneurial environment
• Maturity, professionalism and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with prospective customers, clients, partners, investors and other stakeholders
As an industry leader, we recognize that our commitment to our employees is the foundation of our success. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company working with motivated people and state of the art capabilities.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Please reference “Business Development Director – Australia” in the subject line.
SolarReserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.