SolarReserve is a solar energy project development company formed in 2007 to solve two of the fundamental problems of energy supply with one integrated solution: how to provide large-scale renewable energy solutions, and how to store that energy in order to provide firm supply “on-demand” to the utility customer.
SolarReserve has assembled an experienced team of executives, developers, engineers, and financial experts that have previously developed and financed more than $15 billion in renewable and conventional energy projects in more than a dozen countries around the world. Since its formation in late 2007, SolarReserve’s team of power project professionals have assembled a concentrated solar power development portfolio with potential output of more than 5,000 megawatts in the United States and Europe; with additional development activities in other international markets including the Middle East, North and South Africa, Australia, China, India and Latin America totaling 6,000 megawatts.
SolarReserve currently has the 110 MW Crescent Dunes project in construction in Tonopah, NV. The $980 million project is the flagship CSP project for SolarReserve. (See http://www.solarreserve.com/what-we-do/csp-projects/crescent-dunes/). In addition, SolarReserve and its partners currently have two 75 MW photovoltaic projects in construction in South Africa with a total capital cost of $586 million. (See http://www.solarreserve.com/what-we-do/pv- development/lesedi/). The company seeks to reach financial close on two additional significant projects in 2013.
With an experienced management team, the world’s most advanced energy storage technology, deep technical partnerships, and financial support from its strong group of corporate and project investors, SolarReserve is poised to play a significant role in the global electricity industry.
Position and Responsibilities
We have approximately 70 employees. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Controller.
- Strong user experience with Great Plains system or similar system
- 4 year college degree, preferable in business administration/accounting
- Direct supervisory experience
- International/global accounting experience (hands-on; ability to translate/re-measure financial statements into USD manually)
- Consolidations (ability to do it manually)
- Domestic and International Intercompany reconciliations
- Strong US GAAP
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for the company worldwide (consolidations)
- Review and approve support for vendor and employee payments
- Perform payroll functions for U.S. and international employees.
- Provide support for company financial statement audits; financial statements and notes preparation, supporting schedules
- Assist the Controller with oversight on internal controls and provide recommendations for improvements
- Assist with the completion of Great Plain implementations including designing management reports, time tracking, employee reimbursement tools, purchasing functions, fixed assets, and other initiatives to streamline internal operational processes
- Provide accounting and tax support for joint ventures (some partnership accounting experience will be ideal)
- Assist in the domestic and international tax filings. (Review of tax returns)
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board of Director meetings
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Assist with job costing activities (overhead and other indirect cost allocations)
- Accounting technical research and memorandum preparation
- Provide training and assist with the supervision of in-house and external accounting staff
- Recommend and implement processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Provide support for the due diligence portion of M&A activities
- Assist the corporate Controller and CFO in special projects
- Relevant industries: power energy (utilities, power producers, power plants), real estate development (not management), project finance, construction, venture capital
- Two years of public accounting experience is desirable.
- Leadership skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference “Accounting Manager” in the subject line.
SolarReserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.