Current Job Openings
SolarReserve is a dynamic, growing company and always looking for talented people that share our passion for protecting our planet and providing a healthy and secure future for generations to come. We offer our employees the opportunity to grow with us, competitive pay and benefits and a diverse, entrepreneurial culture.
Select any job title to expand the description and review application instructions.
Asset Manager – Intern
Description: Crescent Dunes pre and post operations contractual obligations and compliance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review PPA, Loan Guarantee Agreement, Interconnect Agreement, Development Agreement, EPC contract
- Identify various contractual requirements from the project owner/ operator under the above agreements prior to and during commercial operations of the project
- Create a reporting matrix under each agreement for the operational life of the project
- Create reporting formats for each reporting requirement
- Identify stakeholders that would support reporting and identify data sources and mechanism to obtain the data
- Develop storing, sharing, and tracking mechanism for all reports with various project stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record from a top-tier undergraduate program, in Engineering, or other directly applicable field, currently pursuing an MBA
- Four to five years of previous work experience of industry background in Power/Energy/ Construction
- Desirable to have hands on experience with Project Agreements/ Contract negotiation and management/ Project Appraisal/ Transaction Advisory
- Analytical skills
- Ability to assimilate information and present, think through issues beyond what is evident,
- Presentation skills
- MS Excel, MS Word, Power point
- Creation of Databases is a plus
A minimum of 10 hours per week with a weekly progress update.
This internship would reach conclusion on April 2014
- Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Requisition code: 201401AM01 in the subject line.
SolarReserve is a developer of large-scale solar energy projects. We have developed the lowest-priced concentrating solar-thermal power (CSP) technology with integrated storage that enables dispatchable energy on-demand. Our current US flagship project, the Crescent Dunes Project in Tonopah, NV is in construction with operations scheduled in early 2014. We also have a significant presence internationally with substantial photovoltaic (PV) power projects under construction in South Africa. SolarReserve is led by a team of experienced international energy developers with a project portfolio in more than a dozen countries in the Americas, Africa, Middle East, China, Australia, and Europe.
SolarReserve is seeking a motivated and self-disciplined individual with a background in (but not limited to) software programming to join its system engineering team in Santa Monica, CA. Candidate must process strong foundation in analytical thinking and problem solving, with certain minimum proficiency in software programming to pursue innovative solutions with a team of engineers and energy project developers.
- Evaluate the use of solar energy modeling software, solar plant optimization codes, and system control software
- Enhance existing and develop new software and codes
- Implement modeling and simulation software to support key clean energy projects
- Develop optimization algorithms to streamline and improve the cost-effective design of large solar energy facilities
- Participate in the development of hardware and/or system-wide control software and codes for proprietary technology solutions.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, physics, math, engineering, or the equivalent education/experience with strong upper-level college math skills.
- Prefer at least 1 year of computer application development (analysis, design, programming, and testing).
- Prefer some experience with control systems, thermodynamics modeling or other advanced mathematics applications.
- Candidate should demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft development environment (Visual Studio) and one to several programming languages (C++/C# preferred), with SQL skills and knowledge (SQL Server). Proficiency in Matlab and/or FORTRAN will be valuable.
- Good interpersonal relationship and communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, responsibility, and accountability
- Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Please reference Requisition code: 201401PA02 in the subject line.
Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project Job Opportunities